If you are looking for a body contouring option to address stubborn fat deposits without surgery, consider BodyTite liposuction in New York City. A safe, minimally-invasive cosmetic procedure, BodyTite liposuction allows for efficient removal of stubborn fat and cellulite reduction along with noticeable skin tightening effects. However, like other minimally invasive treatments, some swelling will occur after the procedure. In fact, one question that patients ask their surgeon whether swelling after BodyTite is normal and how long it will last.
The FDA-cleared BodyTite liposuction device uses patented RFAL™ (radiofrequency assisted liposuction) technology and delivers radiofrequency energy (RF) to liquefy subcutaneous fat so that it can be easily removed. This breakthrough body remodeling procedure can also coagulate the blood vessels, remove cellulite and tighten the skin, while leaving the surrounding tissues unharmed.
Swelling is quite normal after any liposuction or body contouring procedure. While it is usually not visible in the initial period, swelling will set during the normal healing process that follows BodyTite in New York. But this surgical trauma would be less than that which occurs after traditional liposuction. Swelling after BodyTite usually resolves in a few weeks. However, you may experience increase in swelling if you don’t take proper care of your body during the post-op period. For instance, this can happen if you overdo your exercises. Here are some tips to improve swelling after BodyTite liposuction:
- A daily brisk walk during the first few weeks following surgery can reduce swelling and prevent blood clots. But avoid heavy lifting and strenuous exercise until healing is complete.
- Lymphatic massage could promote healing and enhance the appearance of skin around the treatment area.
- Wear a compression garment for at least one week after the surgery.
- Avoid overexposure to the sun.
- Cut back your salt intake to get rid of swelling faster.
- Drink plenty of water to keep your body hydrated.
- Taking the painkillers that your surgeon prescribes can address post-procedural pain or discomfort
- Keep your follow-up appointments and if you notice anything unusual at the treatment site or during the healing process, contact your surgeon immediately.
BodyTite comes with faster recovery time than other body contouring procedures. Most patients get back to their normal routine within 2-3 days of treatment. Healing may take up to six months, and as swelling and bruising subsides, you will notice significant improvement in the contours of your body, including tighter, firmer skin. However, results are patient specific and will depend on the area treated and the amount of fat removed. Larger areas will require a longer recovery time. Maintaining a healthy diet and stay physically active is crucial for long lasting results.
If you want to have BodyTite liposuction in New York City, choose an AAAASF accredited plastic surgery practice with surgeons who are experts in performing the procedure. Choosing the right plastic surgeon is crucial for the success of BodyTite procedure. An expert will assess your needs and anatomical considerations, and provide customized treatment. In an AAAASF-accredited plastic surgery practice, you can expect end-to-end care and support all through the treatment.