Most women find it difficult to address the stubborn fat deposits found in the inner and outer thighs. Caused due to certain factors such as weight gain, genetics and hormones, these fat deposits are resistant to just diet and exercises. Though traditional liposuction can slim and contour the thighs, it involves invasive surgery under general anesthesia and long incisions. Fortunately, with BodyTite thigh liposuction in New York City, you can eliminate the excess fat deposited on the upper inner thigh areas minimally-invasively. The procedure is performed using the FDA-approved modality, BodyTite which utilizes minimally-invasive patented RFAL™ (radiofrequency assisted liposuction) technology to address excess fat and provide significant skin tightening effects, while leaving the surrounding tissues unharmed. After the procedure, it’s very important to follow post-operative instructions diligently to obtain superior results and reduce risk of complications.
For any cosmetic surgery procedure, proper pre-operative and post-care are important for optimal results. Though BodyTite thigh liposuction in New York City is minimally-invasive, patients should expect some pain, swelling, bruising, redness and numbness after the procedure. These side effects usually subside on their own, but recovery would be smoother and easier if you follow your surgeon’s instructions on post-surgical care.
Here are some tips to promote better results after a BodyTite Thigh Liposuction:
- As the incisions in the thigh area will be subjected to tension and pulling when you sit, stand up, walk, and bend, patients will be advised to restrict strenuous activities and heavy lifting until healing is complete.
- Light walking is recommended after the procedure as it helps to reduce risks of blood clots.
- Avoid certain foods and supplements that may increase bleeding and bruising.
- Avoid alcohol, caffeine, Niacin supplements, and cigarettes as these items for at least 48 hours or a few more days post-treatment. These items may increase swelling or irritation.
- Lymphatic massage can promote healing and enhance the appearance of skin around the treatment area.
- Wear a compression garment 24X7 for few weeks after the surgery. It helps to protect the incisions and provides support for your treatment site as it heals.
- To help reduce swelling, stick to a low-sodium diet.
- Eat plenty of fiber-rich foods and avoid straining during bowel movements.
- Take the medications that your surgeon prescribes to alleviate post-procedural pain or discomfort.
- To avoid stretching of the thigh tissue, patients will be advised to position their body using pillows to take pressure off of the legs during healing.
- Stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water and fluids.
- Get enough rest.
- Keep the incisions clean and inspect daily for signs of infection.
- Keep your follow-up appointments.
- Contact your surgeon immediately, if you notice any unusual signs at the treatment site or during the healing process.
Adhering to a healthy lifestyle after the procedure is the key to maintain results as it is possible for new fat cells to emerge with weight gain.
Patients considering BodyTite thigh liposuction in New York City need to do their research well and choose an AAAASF-accredited plastic surgery practice. Such practices have experienced plastic surgeons who are experts in providing BodyTite liposuction. Moreover, an expert plastic surgeon will assess their needs and anatomical considerations and recommend the option that will provide customized treatment to help them achieve their aesthetic goals.
Generally, an ideal candidate for BodyTite on inner thighs is a healthy person with troublesome areas of excess fat and skin that they would like to get corrected. The best candidates need to have moderate skin laxity and are within 30% of their ideal weight.
BodyTite™ liposuction in the inner thighs addresses two common cosmetic concerns in one innovative procedure – unwanted fat pockets and loose skin. It uses radiofrequency (RF) energy to liquefy the fat cells and remove them from the body. The BodyTite™ device targets the initial skin layer, as well as your body’s underlying tissues to achieve significant skin contraction. It can also help stimulate the production of new collagen to reinforce skin structure for long-lasting results. In short, the body sculpting and skin tightening abilities of BodyTite™ can provide a toned, attractive appearance.