People of all age groups are mindful about their physical appearance and one major aesthetic concern many have is abdomen/belly fat. Though fitness experts recommend different types of exercises to address the issue, the condition may not resolve no matter how hard you try. Factors such as aging, genetics, hormonal imbalances, and weight gain are the key reasons for buildup of abdominal fat. BodyTite liposuction in NYC is a perfect option to address this common aesthetic concern. Utilizing patented radiofrequency-assisted liposuction (RFAL) technology, the procedure removes stubborn fat, tightens sagging skin and can you with a trimmer, attractive physique.
Unlike traditional liposuction surgery, BodyTite is a minimally-invasive FDA-cleared device that uses RFAL™ technology to reshape and tighten different areas of the body without the visible scars and prolonged downtime. The procedure coagulates the blood vessels and tightens the skin, while leaving the surrounding tissues unharmed. The other major benefits associated with the procedure are –
- Visible skin tightening through renewed collagen production
- Requires only small incisions
- Does not require overnight stay
- Low risk of complications
- Minimal bleeding, bruising, swelling and scarring
- No lumpy irregular appearance
- Performed as an outpatient procedure under local anesthesia
- Provides considerable fat reduction and effective body firming
- Rapid recovery and faster healing
- Reduced tissue trauma
A person undergoing BodyTite liposuction surgery must be healthy but have troublesome areas of excess fat and skin (that they would like to get corrected. They must also have moderate skin laxity and be within 30 percent of their ideal weight. However, pregnant and breastfeeding women, people with autoimmune diseases, skin diseases or infections and allergies to certain local anesthetics are not considered ideal candidates for undergoing the procedure.
Post-Operative Care Tips
In most cases, patients begin light walking the day after the procedure, and light stretching within a week, and 1/4 to 1/2 intensity workouts in the several weeks thereafter. However, once the swelling begins to subside, routine workouts can be resumed. Patients are required to follow post-operative care instructions diligently to promote smooth healing and recovery. Here are 10 tips for smooth recovery and better results –
- Avoid heavy lifting and strenuous exercise until healing is complete.
- Wear the compression garment for at least one week after the surgery.
- Take the medications prescribed by the surgeon to alleviate post-procedural pain or discomfort. However, do not take aspirin or any products containing aspirin unless approved by the plastic surgeon.
- If you notice anything unusual at the treatment site or during the healing process, contact your plastic surgeon immediately.
- If you smoke, stop. Smoking delays healing and increases the risk of complications.
- Refrain from alcohol when taking pain medications.
- Keep your follow-up appointments.
- Arrange for someone to drive you home after the procedure (if needed).
- Have someone to help with household tasks for a day or two, or as required.
- Take plenty of rest and follow a balanced diet. Eat raw fruit and drink plenty of water.
Generally, the results of the procedure are patient specific and depend on the amount of fat removed and other individual considerations. In fact, larger areas will require longer recovery time. Initial results are usually visible immediately after the procedure, with the best results noticeable after 6-12 weeks.
Choosing a skilled BodyTite liposuction surgeon in NYC is critical for optimal results. Plastic surgeons who are experts in performing radiofrequency assisted liposuction will make the most of the capabilities of BodyTite technology. This will make your procedure a safe, memorable, and rewarding experience.